I love Asian/Polynesian food but am lazy. Hawaiian Ham Dinner satisfies both sides of me. This dinner seems fancy but is actually quick and easy — not to mention tasty and pretty healthy.
Hawaiian Ham Dinner
- Pam Non-Stick Spray
- Sliced Ham (I get mine from the deli)
- Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce
- Dole Pineapple Chunks
- Minute Rice Ready-to-Serve Rice
- Canned Green Beans (or other vegetable)
Makes variable servings in 7-10 minutes.
I buy extra sliced ham from the deli to chop up and freeze for later Ham, Cheese, & Rice Casserole dinners.
Minute Rice offers microwavable rice in single-serving cups (ready in just 1 minute) and 2-serving bowls (ready in 2 minutes). We reduce white starch servings so we get twice as many servings as listed on the package. They offer long grain white rice and a variety of other flavors (depending on store availability). Feel free to substitute stove top instant Minute Rice or regular rice.
NOTE: I get no commission for my brand recommendations.
I’m just passing along useful info.
- Spray toaster oven pan with Pam. I also use foil to avoid mess.
- Place ham on pan and drizzle with Teriyaki sauce.
- Bake at 350°F until warm (ham is already cooked), about 3-5 minutes if fresh or 5-7 minutes if frozen.
- Add pineapple chunks and drizzle with more Teriyaki sauce.
- Cook until pineapple is warm, another minute or two.
- Microwave green beans until warm, a minute or so.
- Microwave Minute Rice Ready-to-Serve Rice for 1 minute (I drizzle with a little water to moisten).
SERVE & EAT:
I recommend serving Hawaiian Ham Dinner with a bowl of pineapple for dessert.
I just prepare enough for one meal of Hawaiian Ham Dinner. But if you have leftovers, they should be moist and microwave well.